College Students: How to Buy Your First Car
Taking the steps to financing your first car can be intimidating. The best way to be prepared is to know what to expect and be equipped to make the right choices. Making your first car purchase a successful experience will open the doors to higher credit scores, lower interest rates, and the ability to purchase more expensive models in the future. The experts at Glendora Chrysler Jeep Dodge are here to walk you through the process, and get you started on the right path.
The Buying Process
The car buying process can be narrowed down to a few simple steps. Execute each step in full and to your best ability for the finest car buying experience. Have patience with each step and take your time to think clearly about the situation.
1. Budget- Take a hard look at your finances and decide what you can afford. You can break down these numbers by monthly rates so you get an idea of what kind of payments you can afford.
2. Research- Find out what models in your price range offer the features that you want and can accommodate your lifestyle best. Look at pricing, safety standards, reviews, common problems, warranties, and similar details you can find online. Take notes with you when you go to test drive.
3. Dealerships- Find multiple dealerships that carry models you are interested in. Take the time to test drive several options and compare prices and warranties from different locations. Recall your notes about the models you are looking into, and prioritize what models stand out as the best value.
4. Finance- Paying cash up front for your vehicle gets you the best price regardless. Most of us have to finance and need to look into getting the lowest interest rates. The more you can pay up front in cash, the more you will save in the long run, even if you cannot afford the entire vehicle at once.
First Time Car Buying Tips
– Don’t forget about insurance costs. Look into what your insurance would charge for full coverage on a new vehicle and calculate that into your monthly budget beforehand.
– Start small and cheap, work your way up. Pay off a smaller car faster to build your credit, and then buy the vehicle you really want at the best interest rates.
– Build a relationship with your dealership. Find someone you trust and keep coming back to them for service and new vehicles. There is no better way to get the personalized help you should receive when shopping for a car.
The sales professionals here at Glendora Chrysler Jeep Dodge want to give new car buyers the best auto advice in Los Angeles County. Get expert guidance, low pricing, new models, and quality used vehicles in Glendora, CA. Make the most out of your first time buying a vehicle and get your finances off to a good start. Test drive a new vehicle in Glendora, CA, when you come down and visit our Los Angeles dealership today.